Sunday, November 4, 2012

DIY: Ombre shorts

Before I go to sleep, let me share you what I did today. Believe me, it's my first time to do a DIY project and it was a success. OMBRE SHORTS! I couldn't believe at first how it turned out just the way I want it to be. I was so very hesitant on doing this because it would be such a waste of time.

I was trying to clean/fix my closet this morning because it's like it was hit by a tornado. I had to get rid some of my old clothes cause I will be replacing some new ones soon. I saw this jeans that I wore since College, and it has a hole in the back. It still looks good though and it would such a waste to throw it away just because it has a big hole in the back. At first, I was thinking to cut it off and make a short out of it but I was going for a better idea. 

I cut off the excess part, and try to look dilapidated. As I was heavily running the scissors on the ends, I accidentally rip off. AS IN BIG RIP-OFF! Good thing when I tried it on, it was too long for me. I have to cut the shorts again, and tried slashing and running the blade of scissors on the ends just to look distressed and all that. Afterwards, I soaked it on a bleach. About 10-15 minutes then, tried to soaked it again but this time half of the shorts only. I waited for 30-45 minutes before washing the bleach out of the shorts. It would be better when you do it outside, and under the sun so the bleaching would be faster. (FYI: Do not wash the shorts together with the others if you don't want to ruin your clothes.) I was so excited, that I kept on looking on the shorts while waiting them to be dry.

So here is the finish product. So awesome, I even tried cutting my other pants and had it bleach again.
I'll blog the other one soon.



I so love it, and I was thinking to put studs on it or patches. If only I have the time to go DV shopping for studs. Oh well, this baby will be having a trip to the sewing machine. Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment